Highlights of 2016 Firearms Industry Compliance Conference
The approximate 240 attendees at 2016 Firearms Industry Compliance Conference co-hosted by Orchid Advisors and the National Shooting Sports Foundation took in the following in addition to much more:
- ATF’s announcement of the first three ATF rulings of 2016, including 2016-1 and 2016-2 relating to the use of electronic A&D Books and electronic signatures.
- Orchid Advisor CEO, Jon Rydberg’s overview of the convergence of technology, operations and compliance at industry leaders and the opportunities for improved performance from adopting best practices.
- ATF’s presentation on the important relationship between accurate FFL record-keeping and ATF inspection and tracing processes.
- Issue-specific breakout sessions with senior ATF officials, including:
- Marvin Richardson
- Alphonso Hughes
- Earl Griffith
- John Badowski
- Ed Courtney
- Courts Gilbert
- Andy Graham
- Panels led by industry experts on over 20 topics, including:
- Export compliance and licensing best practices
- Technology solutions for manufacturers, retailers, and distributors,
- Preparing for ATF inspections
- Best practices for A&D book reconciliation
A few early responders also took advantage of a rare opportunity for senior industry executives to meet privately with a team of senior ATF officials, which quickly filled up.
Don’t miss FICC 2017, May 8 to 10 in Arlington, VA (Washington, D.C. area). Details coming soon!