CEO’s Guide to Export Control Reform eBook Now Available From Orchid Advisors
Orchid Advisors, #1 in FFL Compliance Solutions, is excited to announce that its latest free eBook, “The CEO’s Guide to Firearms and Ammunition Export Control Reform,” is available for immediate download on the Orchid Advisors Export Control Reform page.
The eBook briefs CEOs, owners and senior managers on the new revenue opportunities and compliance obligations that will accompany radical changes in firearms and ammunition export regulations scheduled to take effect in 2019.
“Whether or not a company operates internationally today, strategic decision-makers throughout the industry should set aside a few minutes to learn about the major changes that are coming,” says Jeff Grody, leader of the Orchid Advisors ITAR / EAR Practice. “The new regulations will help the industry more easily sell products to foreign customers, ship international orders more quickly and access foreign suppliers of parts and tools. Barriers to entry into the export market will fall, opening doors to international opportunities for manufacturers, eCommerce sellers, engravers, gunsmiths and others that have never before sold their goods and services outside the U.S.”
The Export Control Reform eBook covers these key topics:
- The Industry Will Be Affected
- Make International Sales Happen Faster
- Grow Your International E-Commerce Sales
- Collaborate with Foreign Vendors, Partners and Affiliates
- You Will Still Need an Export Compliance Program
- New Opportunities to Export Ammunition
Today, Orchid Advisors is also announcing a suite of export-related services specially designed to help companies throughout the industry adapt to and capitalize on the upcoming regulatory changes. “The benefits of the new rules will come at a cost,” says Grody, “which will be the need to transition away from the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) administered by the State Department to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) administered by the Department of Commerce. There will be a lot to learn and do during the next two years or so. Our clients are already looking to us for guidance and assistance with the transition and we know that plenty of other companies will also want help.”
The Orchid ITAR-to-EAR transition services are described at the Orchid Advisors Export Control Reform page and include:
- Reclassification of products from U.S.M.L. categories to EAR Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) (mandatory for most companies in the industry)
- Development and implementation of EAR-based export sales, sourcing and compliance strategies
- Planning and implementing strategies for migrating from ITAR MLAs, TAAs and WDAs to EAR technology licenses (migration of all ITAR agreements must be complete within three years of the effective date of the new regulations)
- Outsourced license and compliance solutions
- Updating compliance policies and manuals
- ITAR-to-EAR compliance training for employees
The initial consultation with our export professionals is free. Discounts of up to 20% are available for ITAR-to-EAR services contracted for by December 31, 2018 and delivered prior to March 31, 2019
About Orchid Advisors
Orchid Advisors provides ATF and ITAR/EAR compliance services to manufacturing, distribution, and retail FFL. The firm offers FFL and Export licensing, deep record inspections, e4473/NFA eForms and Electronic Bound Book software. In conjunction with NSSF, Orchid Advisors hosts the Firearm Industry Compliance Conference and operates the largest online ATF and ITAR compliance training platform available. Orchid Advisors’ unique staff of former firearm industry attorneys, former ATF compliance professionals and information technology executives are passionate about coupling business growth with FFL compliance.
Other Articles of Interest
- Retail Sales Will Benefit From Firearms Export Control Reform
- How to Make International Sales Happen Faster Under Export Control Reform
- Collaborating with Foreign Partners will be Easier Under Export Control Reform
- Do you Know What Export Control Reform (ECR) is?
- Announcement on Export Control Reform
- Onsite ATF and ITAR Training
- 5 Common ITAR Violations You Might Not Know About
- Build My Firearm Export Compliance Program
- Are you Registered with DDTC?