ORCHID FEBRUARY 2023 FIC GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. EMPLOYEES OR OFFICIALS OF ANY GOVERNMENT ENTITY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE.
1. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Orchid LLC, a Connecticut corporation (the “Sponsor” or “Orchid”).
2. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES. By entering the Orchid February 2023 FIC Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”), you (the “Entrant”) hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of the Sweepstakes. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification.
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Orchid employees, directors, and their immediate family members, and those of its affiliated companies, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households. Employees or officials of any government entity are not eligible to participate or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees fully and unconditionally to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, February 15, 2023 at 12:01am (EST) and ends on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (EST) (the “Entry Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. The Entry Period is subject to change at Sponsor’s discretion if for any unforeseen reason the Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned.
5. ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
“MAIN EVENT” CONFERENCE REGISTRATION. During the Entry Period, all individuals who register for the 2023 Firearms Industry Conference “Main Event” (or a registration type that includes the “Main Event”), will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. More information regarding the 2023 Firearms Industry Conference, including registration types, is available here: https://orchidadvisors.zohobackstage.com/2023-FIC#/FFLConferenceTickets?lang=en.
MAIL-IN ENTRY. To enter without purchase, send your name, address, telephone or cell phone number, and e-mail address in your own handwriting on a 3” by 5” index card to: Orchid LLC, ATTN: Jon Rydberg, P.O. Box 270862, West Hartford, CT 06107. Mail entries must be enclosed in a #10 envelope (4 1/8” by 9 1/2”) with your name and return address placed on the front left-hand corner of envelope. Only one entry per envelope. Illegible and/or incomplete entries are void. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by March 1, 2023, and received by Sponsor by March 4, 2023, to be eligible.
Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. All online and mail-in entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet service provider will apply.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER. All valid entries received by the Sponsor by the end of the Entry Period will be eligible for a random drawing to take place on Tuesday, March 7, 2023. One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly selected from all entries received through the Entry Period. The Winner be notified by telephone and/or email. Sponsor is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected, not received, or undeliverable because of errors in the telephone number, email addresses or mailing addresses submitted by entrants, because such addresses are no longer correct, or for any other reason beyond the control of Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during seven (7) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries in the entry pool. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the prize, and prize will be awarded to an alternate winner chosen in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries in the appropriate entry pool. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, an event occurs that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or this Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and select the Winner in a random drawing from entries already received, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
7. PRIZE. There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded to Winner. The Prize to be awarded includes the following:
- One (1) roundtrip economy class airfare ticket from an international airport closest to Winner’s residence to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, to attend the 2023 Firearms Industry Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Two (2) nights stay at the Westin Buckhead (3391 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30326), or a comparable hotel at the Sponsor’s choice, during the dates of the 2023 Firearms Industry Conference.
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) shall not exceed $2,000. Actual prize value depends on airfare fluctuations, point of departure, and dates of travel.
Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary, and hotel accommodations in its sole discretion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Winners will not receive difference between actual and ARV of the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and may not be altered except by the Sponsor. If winner cannot travel on the dates designated by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected (time pending). Some restrictions may apply.
Winner is responsible for any and all local, state and/or federal taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein, including, without limitation, ground transportation, meals, beverages, activities, purchases, incidentals, telephone calls or other personal expenses, extra hotel fees, or other hotel charges incurred. If a winner cannot accept the Prize as stated, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
8. PRIZE TAXES. There may be tax implications with accepting a Prize. The Winner is responsible for investigating if there are any tax implications, and for paying any and all taxes. By accepting a Prize, a Winner accepts and acknowledges the tax implications. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner. Sponsor cannot provide tax advice; please consult with your own tax adviser.
9. PUBLICITY. Notwithstanding any other term herein, except where prohibited by law, submission of any entry constitutes the Entrant’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness, voice, state of residence, biographical and prize information, statements about the promotion, anything submitted to enter the Sweepstakes and/or the entrant’s photo for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without review, notification, approval or compensation.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. Sponsor assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by end users, by third parties, or by equipment or programming, and it assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon submission. Each Entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner, as a condition to the Sweepstakes, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless Facebook, Instagram, and the Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize and participation in this Sweepstakes. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. SEVERABILITY. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remainder of the Official Rules shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. By entering, you acknowledge that you intend that the provisions of these Official Rules be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Accordingly, you agree that if any provisions are deemed not enforceable, they shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent required by applicable law.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of Connecticut. Each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to, and waives all objections to, the courts of Connecticut for any and all disputes, actions, suits or proceedings it may bring rising out of or relating to this promotion.
14. WINNER’S NAME. For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Orchid LLC, ATTN: Jon Rydberg, P.O. Box 270862, West Hartford, CT 06107.Request must be received no later than six months after the end of the Entry Period.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc., or Instagram. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc., or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose set forth in the Official Rules.