FBI NICS Announces its Annual Retailer Day | Orchid Advisors
On June 22, 2017 FBI NICS announced the following for firearms retailers:
Have you ever been curious about what happens with a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check? If so, we have the event for you! On July 25, 2017, the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division’s NICS Section will be hosting its annual Retailer Day at the CJIS Complex in Clarksburg, West Virginia, and you are invited!
A full day has been planned to provide you with information and briefings regarding several aspects of the NICS and beyond. Some items on the agenda include:
- A demonstration of a NICS background check being processed, including eligibility determinations.
- A presentation from NICS Section managers who will discuss the unique situation experienced by both the NICS Section and the firearms industry in recent years, and what we’ve done to manage and mitigate a relentless wave of increased volume and demand.
- Immigrant and nonimmigrant information as it relates to the receipt or possession of a firearm.
- Updates provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives on Firearm Industry Programs and the National Firearms Act Division.
- Legislative information provided by a Department of Justice executive.
- Information about the NICS E-Check.
The NICS Section is also planning to host a Frequently Asked Questions Panel with staff from various facets of the program to address some of the most common areas of confusion. If these topics have peaked your interest, you will not want to miss this event.
Questions or Concerns:
Date: July 25, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Clarksburg, WV
- Opportunity to interact with many NICS subject matter experts
- Take part in informative presentations on various aspects of the NICS process, NICS E-Check, upcoming NICS improvements
- Staff onsite to facilitate the NICS E-Check enrollment
- Representative from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) on hand
Other Articles of Interest