Five Steps For Immediate ATF Compliance
Running a firearms business is no joke. You’re serializing aluminum frames, shipping 80% receivers, importing firearms and selling to consumers through a retail Point of Sale system. Training your employees to learn the regulations and repeatedly fill our ATF Form 4473 or NFA forms accurately is a challenge. That’s why we’ve created a simple, Five Step ATF Compliance Program.
- Lower the risk of FFL or SOT revocation
- Focus on running your FFL with confidence
- Improve ATF inspections and reduce violations
- Control firearm inventory
- Lower insurance premiums
ATF Record Violations Eliminated
e4473 Processing Speed
Bound Book Accuracy
Defensive Legal Fees
We Help All FFL & SOT Types
Startups, Established FFLs or Industry Giants
The Orchid Five Step ATF Compliance program
1. We Help You Apply For and Maintain FFL, SOT and State Firearm Licenses
The first step is to apply for licenses and properly maintain them. At a minimum you will need one of nine-types of Federal Firearms Licenses and, if you plan on doing business with NFA firearms (e.g., Suppressors), you’ll also need a Class 1, 2 or 3 SOT. When it comes to licenses its important that you:
- Apply for the proper license
- Post them where needed
- Maintain those of your trading partners
- And know how to close / move licenses or even take advantage of off-site firearm warehouses.
2. We Create Your ATF Policy and Operating Procedures
Already licensed? Good, then its time to establish basic ground rules that create repeatable ATF compliance. Not only are these useful for guiding your employees, but they provide a legal defense when employees run astray.
- We have over 20 Standard Operating Procedures and Policies focused on firearm manufacturing, retail transfers, NFA form filing, ATF variances, Bound Book management and more.
- We’ll customize them to your business so that you don’t spend too much on over controlling your transactions, and not too little to permit ATF inspection violations.
- Last but not least, we’ll show you how and where to store and maintain your ATF compliance policies and how employees should engage from day 1.
3. Train Employees on ATF and State Regulations
Need to know how to complete a 4473? With your FFL “rules” now documented in Policies and SOPs, we customize our in-person training to orient the business. And, we leave you behind with the industry’s largest online learning – the Firearms Compliance University.
- Over 110 courses on firearm dealing, manufacturing, importing and exporting.
- Perfect for on-boarding new retail firearm clerks or manufacturing operations.
- When the regulations change – the training is updated and sent out – you don’t pay for travel expenses and static, one-time learning is a thing of the past.
4. Implement Bound Book, e4473 and NFA eForms
Paper bound books and paper 4473 forms are a thing of the past. If you want to speed your time at the register or make more guns in assembly, then software is the way to go.
- Starts at $10 / mo
- Electronic Bound Book, e4473, and NFA eForms
- Control serialized inventory and reconcile to your stock
- Use digital “guard rails” to keep employees compliant while you run the business.
5. Execute and Audit ATF Transactions and Forms
Wondering if your employees are accurately populating the Bound Book? Don’t let your first “check-up” be when the ATF arrives. Did you know that you can legally correct records that would otherwise result in violations?
- Simple self-check audit forms
- Online inventory to Bound Book reconciliation
- Identify and eliminate A&D book data errors
- Complete our ATF Inspection Prep Checklist!
When Were You Last Inspected by ATF?
Receiving a phone call informing you ATF is headed your way for an inspection, or, even more drastic, being informed ATF is on your premises for an inspection at this moment can be a stressful event whether you are a small dealer or a multimillion dollar manufacturer. After all, your livelihood and that of your employees is at stake.
Orchid Advisors have assisted the smallest and largest FFLs in the country with numerous ATF inspections.
- Mock Inspections – We use work plans developed by former ATF inspectors, former FFL attorneys and FFLs like you. Flush out and legally correct errors before they become violations.
- Immediate ATF Inspection Help – We can act as a liaison during ATF inspections to bridge the gap between an FFL’s business practices and the regulations to help mitigate citations
- Post Inspection Remediation – We get your FFL back on track. If you’ve received a Report of Violations, it’s likely the ATF will be back for a “Recall Inspection.” You have twelve months to get it right and eliminate future FFL license revocation concerns.
- Lead by Nationally Recognized Compliance Experts
- Deep Dive ATF Mock Inspection
- Remediation Support – Not just a Report
- Immediate On-Call / On-Site ATF Inspection Assistance
- Annual Bound Book/A&D Record Digital Analysis
- Self-Audit and Compliance Program Maintenance Tools
Get A Mock ATF Inspection and Legally Eliminate Violations
Mock ATF Inspections and Serialized Inventory Check
We deploy former ATF investigators, former firearms attorneys and experts in retail, manufacturing and distribution compliance to conduct a “mock ATF inspection.” Depending on the size of your operation, our team can conduct a mock ATF inspection in as little as one day, on-site or remotely, depending on your preference. The following are highlights from our ATF inspection process.
- Review and legally correct ATF Form 4473 and Multiple Sales Forms
- Review your FFL legal structure and Responsible Persons
- Evaluate compliance within your Paper or Electronic Bound Book
- Reconcile Inventory to your Bound Book and NFA NFRTR report
- Learn how an actual ATF inspection works in advance
- Review and legally correct Variances, Import, and NFA Forms
Proven Inspection Methodology
Time Saving A&D Book Inspections
Do you have the time (or experience) to filter through hundreds, thousands or even millions of prior Bound Book transactions? Tryin to do that on your own in advance of an ATF inspection would be maddening.
We’ve solved that problem!
With more than 65 million A&D entry reviews and counting, Orchid Advisors is the only firm able to offer a digital A&D review processes. Offered onsite or remotely, all required data points for your A&D book will be digitally reviewed, resulting in:
- 100% review of all A&D Book fields such as: Manufacturer, Importer, Caliber, Type and Acquired From/Disposed to details
- Duplicate or ghost serial number validations
- Disposition before acquisition checks
- Blank data in all A&D Book fields
- Contextual errors such as – Why wouldn’t a Rifle have a known model? Do we have the right caliber? Why is the FFL expired?
Proven FFL Results
We’ve guided the largest U.S. Federal Firearms License holders through major ATF Inspections with continued success.
Example – Faced with the largest inspection in years, a manufacturer’s multiple FFLs were pending review for compliance with the Gun Control Act, National Firearms Act and Arms Export Control Act. Fifteen ATF IOIs arrives to inspect their Bound Book, NFA Forms, Import Forms, 4473s and their firearm inventory – over 200,000 serialized products.
Solution – Orchid Advisors deployed it’s turnkey, expert ATF methodology and conducted a Mock ATF Inspection to identify immediate issues that could legally be remedied. Our team was also called upon to facilitate the inspection on behalf of the client, to ensure the process was smooth, ATF forms were well organized and the best possible outcome could be achieved.
Outcome – The manufacturer passed the inspection without a warning conference or revocation. It was regarded as one of the best inspections in history.
We Do This Every Day For FFLs Like You
How Do We Engage Orchid?
It all starts with a simple email or a phone call. During our first no-cost discussion we will understand your timeline and business objectives and recommend next steps.
Our Mock Inspection service pricing varies, however, we price our services for every budget and there is no set cost. We don’t believe in price gauging and would prefer to work with you, as your partner, than not. We understand that the firearms industry has many different sized companies and we aspire to continue serving all of you. Don’t hesitate to ask us about pricing or mention your pricing thresholds.