When Were You Last Inspected by ATF?
Receiving a phone call informing you ATF is headed your way for an inspection, or, even more drastic, being informed ATF is on your premises for an inspection at this moment can be a stressful event whether you are a small dealer or a multimillion dollar manufacturer. After all, your livelihood and that of your employees is at stake.
Orchid Advisors have assisted the smallest and largest FFLs in the country with numerous ATF inspections.
- Mock Inspections – We use work plans developed by former ATF inspectors, former FFL attorneys and FFLs like you. Flush out and legally correct errors before they become violations.
- Immediate ATF Inspection Help – We can act as a liaison during ATF inspections to bridge the gap between an FFL’s business practices and the regulations to help mitigate citations
- Post Inspection Remediation – We get your FFL back on track. If you’ve received a Report of Violations, it’s likely the ATF will be back for a “Recall Inspection.” You have twelve months to get it right and eliminate future FFL license revocation concerns.
|Lead by Nationally Recognized Compliance Experts|
|Deep Dive ATF Mock Inspection|
|Remediation Support – Not just a Report|
|Immediate On-Call / On-Site ATF Inspection Assistance|
|Annual Bound Book/A&D Record Digital Analysis|
|Self-Audit and Compliance Program Maintenance Tools|
Get A Mock ATF Inspection
and Legally Eliminate Violations
Mock ATF Inspections and Serialized Inventory Check
We deploy former ATF investigators, former firearms attorneys and experts in retail, manufacturing and distribution compliance to conduct a “mock ATF inspection.” Depending on the size of your operation, our team can conduct a mock ATF inspection in as little as one day, on-site or remotely, depending on your preference. The following are highlights from our ATF inspection process.
- Review and legally correct ATF Form 4473 and Multiple Sales Forms
- Review your FFL legal structure and Responsible Persons
- Evaluate compliance within your Paper or Electronic Bound Book
- Reconcile Inventory to your Bound Book and NFA NFRTR report
- Learn how an actual ATF inspection works in advance
- Review and legally correct Variances, Import, and NFA Forms
Proven Inspection Methodology
Time Saving A&D Book Inspections
Do you have the time (or experience) to filter through hundreds, thousands or even millions of prior Bound Book transactions? Tryin to do that on your own in advance of an ATF inspection would be maddening.
We’ve solved that problem!
With more than 65 million A&D entry reviews and counting, Orchid Advisors is the only firm able to offer a digital A&D review processes. Offered onsite or remotely, all required data points for your A&D book will be digitally reviewed, resulting in:
- 100% review of all A&D Book fields such as: Manufacturer, Importer, Caliber, Type and Acquired From/Disposed to details
- Duplicate or ghost serial number validations
- Disposition before acquisition checks
- Blank data in all A&D Book fields
- Contextual errors such as – Why wouldn’t a Rifle have a known model? Do we have the right caliber? Why is the FFL expired?
Proven FFL Results
We’ve guided the largest U.S. Federal Firearms License holders through major ATF Inspections with continued success.
Example – Faced with the largest inspection in years, a manufacturer’s multiple FFLs were pending review for compliance with the Gun Control Act, National Firearms Act and Arms Export Control Act. Fifteen ATF IOIs arrives to inspect their Bound Book, NFA Forms, Import Forms, 4473s and their firearm inventory – over 200,000 serialized products.
Solution – Orchid Advisors deployed it’s turnkey, expert ATF methodology and conducted a Mock ATF Inspection to identify immediate issues that could legally be remedied. Our team was also called upon to facilitate the inspection on behalf of the client, to ensure the process was smooth, ATF forms were well organized and the best possible outcome could be achieved.
Outcome – The manufacturer passed the inspection without a warning conference or revocation. It was regarded as one of the best inspections in history.
We Do This Every Day For FFLs Like You
Orchid Advisors is staffed with former ATF, firearm attorneys and former FFL executives like you to assist in preparing for your next ATF Inspection. Do not allow your livelihood to be at risk due to not knowing or understanding your level of compliance risk. A previous “positive” inspection by ATF is not an endorsement that your current operation is fully compliant and can lead to a false sense of security. We are experts in all stages of the business lifecycle and bring an unmatched level of expertise to assist you in preparing for future inspections, allowing you to focus on the long term growth plans of your business. Remove the stress the inevitable ATF inspection brings by allowing Orchid Advisors to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to run a best in class compliant FFL.
We've represented clients on the largest ATF inspections in the United States. Some inspections have been over 200,000 serial numbers and 15+ ATF IOI. Whether or not you're a startup or a giant FFL, we've got the experience you need.
Our Mock ATF Inspections were designed and executed by former ATF DIO and IOIs. Together, they've conducted thousands of ATF inspections at firearm retailers, manufacturers, distributors, importers and exporters.
Is the ATF at your door? You can call us on a moment's notice and we'll drive out or fly out, to facilitate your inspection and ensure the best possible outcome. If you get a violation, don't fret, we've participated in many closing conferences and warning conference and we'll bring comfort to an uncomfortable position.
How Do We Engage Orchid?
It all starts with a simple email or a phone call. During our first no-cost discussion we will understand your timeline and business objectives and recommend next steps.
Our Mock Inspection service pricing varies, however, we price our services for every budget and there is no set cost. We don’t believe in price gauging and would prefer to work with you, as your partner, than not. We understand that the firearms industry has many different sized companies and we aspire to continue serving all of you. Don’t hesitate to ask us about pricing or mention your pricing thresholds.
Articles on ATF Inspections and the Latest ATF Rulings and Procedures
- How to Pass an ATF Inspection
- Department of Defense Contractor Inspections: ATF Inspection Process
- ATF Ruling 2017-1
- ATF Procedure 2017-1
Articles on ATF Compliant Manufacturing, ERP and Electronic Bound Books