NEWTOWN, Conn.— The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the firearms industry’s trade association, is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Orchid Advisors, Epicor Software Corporation and the National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW) to create a Firearms Industry Retail Development ProgramTM.
“We’re pleased to partner with Orchid, Epicor Software and NASGW to help ensure that firearms retailers have the very best suite of compliance and business support services available,” said Chris Dolnack, NSSF Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “The value of the Firearms Industry Retail Development Program offering is unrivaled.”
Starting on October 18, 2016, the Firearms Industry Retail Development Program will provide retailers who sell firearms and other NFA products with an unparalleled suite of proactive business, technology and regulatory services. The Program will be supported by four organizations including the NSSF and NASGW trade associations, Orchid Advisors, the firearms industry’s trusted compliance and operations experts, and Epicor Software, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth.
- Compliance Program Services – On-site ATF/Import/NFA compliance evaluation, a digital evaluation of electronic A&D books and access to an online state firearms regulatory portal.
- On-call Legal Services – a legal defense fund, an ATF/Import/NFA hotline, on-site inspection support and advisory services, provided by Orchid Advisors.
- Business Growth Tools – On-call business consulting, an on-site Process / Systems control evaluation, and an annual online POS technology developments conference.
- A&D Books and Tools – Paper or electronic A&D software via the Epicor FFL Compliance ManagerTM (designed by Orchid Advisors), Serial Number Inventory Software, Policies and Procedures and self-audit guides.
- Education – Enrollment in the online Firearms Compliance UniversityTM, access to a suite of on-line business courses and discounted access to both SHOT Show University and the Firearms Industry Compliance Conference.
“We are delighted to see industry-leading organizations collaborate on this proactive retailer-focused growth initiative,” says Jon Rydberg, CEO of Orchid Advisors. “Industry sales are strong but very dynamic and modernizing the manufacturer-distributor-retail supply chain will take focus in the coming years. The Firearms Industry Retail Development Program will help to improve efficiency and effectiveness through tools and enable retailers to focus on stocking shelves and selling products.”
Information pertaining the Firearms Industry Retail Development Program may be found on the respective organization websites.