A point of sale (POS) system is one of the most critical components of any retail business. While there are many ways to take payment, manage inventory and track sales, a modern POS system can do it all, simplifying transactions, increasing operational efficiencies and easing the burden on both the customer and the retailer.
However, for today’s firearm retailers, a POS is just one piece of the technology puzzle. The other, of course, is a bound book, necessary for acquiring and disposing of firearms as they’re transferred and sold. Typically, POS systems and electronic bound books are offered from separate vendors and require on-premises hardware with a physical network connection – but not Orchid POS™.
To better explain how our POS is different, including its wide-ranging features, functionality and benefits, below are 50 reasons why your gun store should be using Orchid POS™.
- Unlike traditional POS systems, Orchid POS™ is completely cloud-based.
- Process transactions, access inventory and review reports anywhere with a WiFi connection, including in your retail store, at a gun show or from the comfort of home.
- Cloud-based POS systems require less hardware and network infrastructure, meaning setting up your new system is quick and easy.
- Some hardware is still required, but Orchid offers inexpensive all-in-one and component options, including stationary and mobile devices.
- All data is stored digitally, making it accessible anywhere and anytime, as well as being less susceptible to loss than physical hard drives.
- Little to no maintenance is required, and system updates are automatic so you’re always running the latest version.
- Whether you need one POS terminal or 10, only pay for the hardware you need.
- And scale the system as your FFL grows, including to multiple store or range locations.
- Orchid Pay™ provides firearm-friendly merchant processing with some of the lowest rates available, backed by a price lock guarantee.
- Plus, Orchid eBound™ is discounted at a flat rate for all Orchid POS™ customers, regardless of total annual dispositions.
- Having served the firearms industry for over 10 years, Orchid has extensive experience in retail and manufacturing FFL technology and operations.
- Our team will help develop a project plan for your FFL, schedule software implementation and provide training for you and your employees.
- Have questions? Orchid offers on-call software support and troubleshooting ready to help.
- Customers also have access to Orchid’s Online Technical Support Center resources, including helpful FAQs, user guides and videos.
- And Orchid’s partner firm, FFL Law, provides ATF compliance services from in-house attorneys.
- Orchid POS™ is easy to learn and teach others – no computer science degree required.
- Replace your keyboard and mouse with modern touchscreen hardware, complete with customizable hot keys for popular quick pick products.
- Admins can manage employees and assign roles to control access and permissions.
- Create customer profiles to track transaction history, view class/range registrations and build email lists for marketing efforts.
- In addition to cash, accept swipe, dip, tap and contactless credit card payments with Orchid Pay™.
- Pull customizable end of day reports to stay on top of sales and inventory levels.
- More than just a bound book, Orchid POS™ is an all-in-one retail software solution from the firearm industry’s only true one-stop shop firm.
- Say goodbye to anti-gun payment processors with firearms-friendly Orchid Pay™.
- Manage firearm inventory with Orchid eBound™, featuring an electronic ATF Form 4473 (e4473), customer kiosk mode and digital signature.
- Digitally store critical documents, including FFL licenses and ATF variances, with Orchid eStorage™ and completed 4473s with 4473 Cloud.
- Take your brick-and-mortar retail business online with a custom or turnkey Orchid eCommerce™ website and webstore.
- Plus, target customers with CRM email marketing, manage your books with QuickBooks, and more with other integrations.
- Easily barcode and scan firearms and products across your store to make quick work of merchandising.
- Track product UPCs and set replenishment levels to automate ordering and avoid stockouts.
- Save time and acquire new firearm shipments with bulk serial number uploading.
- Expand in-store inventory with live product catalogs from industry distributors, including Davidson’s, RSR Group and Sports South.
- Connect on-hand inventory to your Orchid eCommerce™ webstore to track and sell products online.
- Save your gunsmith’s time by creating gunsmith services to quickly build out customer work orders.
- Enter firearm information and automatically generate Orchid eBound™ records.
- Add parts, materials and additional services to work orders as needed.
- Maintain and connect firearm service records to customer profiles.
- Track open work orders and notify customers of completed jobs.
- Give customers a reason to shop and shoot more with a membership program.
- Set product discounts by membership level to reward customer loyalty and encourage sales.
- Generate recurring revenue and track monthly member activity.
- Grow CRM and use marketing emails to engage members and re-target customers.
- And offer gift cards for products and services, perfect for holidays and promotions.
- Better serve local and national consumers with an Orchid eCommerce™ website and webstore.
- Build and design your own custom website to market your firearms retail business.
- Advertise and sell on-hand products, firearms training and range reservations.
- Or offer firearms, ammunition and shooting accessories not sold in store with AmmoReady live distributor catalogs.
- Orchid was named a Top POS Solution Provider of 2021 by Retail CIO Outlook for our ability to offer cutting-edge solutions and serve the firearms industry
- Orchid POS™ is used by small and large firearms retailers nationwide, including FFLs who process millions of dollars in annual sales.
- Partnered with NASGW, Orchid POS™ users contribute sales data to NASGW SCOPE™ to better understand product performance and trends.
- Lastly, Orchid software solutions and compliance services are used by major firearm manufacturers, distributors, dealers and related businesses.
Bonus – At Orchid, it’s our mission to help the shooting sports industry profitably manufacture, distribute and sell firearms with great efficiency and the utmost compliance. Armed with Orchid POS™, we believe firearms retailers – like you – can grow, reduce risk and succeed in business.
Contact us to learn how Orchid POS™ can help your gun store and schedule a free demo today.