The United States is the biggest market for firearms and ammunition but it’s not the only market. Numerous U.S. manufacturers, distributors and retailers of firearms, components and ammunition augment their domestic sales – and bottom line performance – by selling into the international market.
Orchid Advisors is your # 1 source for providing integrated compliance solutions to support every aspect of your exporting operations:
- We can build you a great export compliance program.
- We can prepare export licenses for you or review licenses that you prepare.
- Our professionals will show you solutions to facilitate international business, how to source parts and tools outside the U.S., and prepare agreements that allow you to manufacture offshore.
Avoid Firearm Anti-Corruption Risks
Selling firearms and ammunition internationally, especially to governmental customers, carries with it significant anti-bribery risk under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the U.K. Bribery Act and other anti-corruption laws. Spotting the anti-corruption risk associated with international transactions, intermediaries and end users can be very hard. Clear written procedures for due diligence of intermediaries, end users and transactions are very important, but there’s no substitute for experience.
Orchid Advisors professionals have been involved in firearm or ammunition sales from the U.S. to more than 55 countries in the last ten years and we advise clients on these issues every day. We can:
- Provide you with standard operating procedures for conducting international sales to commercial and governmental customers.
- Advise you on how to conduct due diligence on intermediaries, end users, transactions and help you determine with whom you should and shouldn’t do business.
- Prepare rules of conduct for your international sales personnel and foreign intermediaries governing meals, entertainment, gifts and travel associated with sales visits to customer countries, pre-delivery inspections and other sales and customer-relations activities.