Mike was appointed by the President to be Director of the ATF and is a former US District Attorney. He is currently a Partner at The Ashcroft Law Firm and works as a strategic partner with Orchid clients in the role of “Firearms Industry Executive Advisor.” He is an expert in government investigations, corporate compliance and ethics, fraud, corruption, health care and corporate security, has extensive policy and regulatory experience. With over 20 years of legal experience, he has investigated, prosecuted, and represented individuals and companies in both civil and criminal matters.
- Executive business and regulatory strategy
- Federal and State ATF compliance
- Corporate ethics and compliance
- Global anti-corruption
- Corporate fraud investigations
Firearm Regulatory Expertise
- Gun Control Act (GCA)
- National Firearms Act (NFA)
- Arms Export Control Act (ACA)
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts
- Plymouth County District Attorney
- Various Executive roles, Gillette
Notable Accomplishments and Roles
- Independent Ethics and Compliance Expert on behalf of the United Nations
- Led ATF’s 5,000 employees who are charged with preventing terrorism, regulating and investigating illegal use and trafficking of firearms, and counterfeit and illegal importation of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Served on the Attorney General’s Advisory Committee, serving as Chair of the Health Care Fraud Working Group.
- Independent Ethics and Compliance Expert on behalf of the United Nations.