An attorney by training, Jeff has over 30 years of experience serving clients and regulated companies throughout the firearms and other industries. He provides a broad range of commercial and compliance services and is primarily focused on FFL business growth and ITAR / EAR compliance, as well as import compliance and firearms government contracting. Jeff has personally negotiated the largest of US and foreign firearms contracts, and has played a key role in numerous firearms industry commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, financings, and SEC matters including IPOs.
- International firearms business growth
- Firearms import and export regulations
- Manufacturing License Agreements (MLAs)
- Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs)
- Warehouse and Distribution Agreements (WDAs)
- Government contracts
- Firearm facility relocations and M&A / Due diligence
Firearm Regulatory Expertise
- Gun Control Act (GCA)
- Arms Export Control Act (ACA)
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR)
- OSHA and Environmental regulations
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Colt Defense
- Partner, Day, Berry & Howard LLP (now Day Pitney LLP)
Notable Accomplishments and Roles
- Zero significant compliance issues during nearly ten-year leadership of Colt Defense compliance functions.
- Supervised legal and compliance work on $250+ million of foreign firearms sales
- Captained legal team on 10+ firearm industry financings.
- Led legal team on 10+ firearm industry merger and acquisition transactions
- Participated in 20+ firearm industry due diligence projects
- Designed a $75 million Manufacturing License Agreement between U.S. manufacturer and Asian partner