Alexis Tunell led the federal ATF and state firearms compliance function for EZCORP, Inc., the nation’s second largest and publically traded pawn lender with over 700 retail locations across North America, including more than 350 FFLs. She has an extensive background in retail firearm operations, retail store security, retail Point of Sales and electronic 4473 / A&D book development. She is recognized nationally by regulatory agencies and is an NSSF-chosen speaker at the 2017 SHOT Show University.
- Federal and State Firearms Regulations
- Firearm Distribution and Retail Sales Management
- E4473 and the NICS system
- Retail Store Security
- Multi-FFL A&D / Point of Sale (POS) software
- Secondhand Firearms Strategy, Regulations, and Management
- Mergers & Acquisition / Due Diligence
Firearm Regulatory Expertise
- Gun Control Act (GCA)
- National Firearms Act (NFA)
- State Firearm Regulations
- Global Anti-Corruption Regulations
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) Regulations
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Compliance Manager, Operations & Firearms, EZCORP, Inc.
- Sales, Compliance, & Regulatory Strategy Consultant, Compliance Consultants
- Regulatory Affairs Associate, ALK, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Bayer Healthcare
Notable Accomplishments and Roles:
- Developed and monitored compliance program for 700 retail U.S. locations of one of the largest firearm dealers in the nation.
- Developed specifications for the modernization and integration of a major multi-FFL retail Point of Sale, NICS system, electronic 4473 and electronic A&D book.
- Managed a multitude of ATF IOI field inspections for retail stores based across the United States.
- Authored Firearms Compliance Manual which incorporated comprehensive procedures promoting compliance with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), FBI, law enforcement, and state and local firearms agencies.
- Authoritatively provided executive level guidance, summaries and presentations on broad range of compliance initiatives and represented company before agencies including CFPB, ATF, FBI, FINCEN, and IRS, including the development of marketing plans to raise awareness of regulations and standards for firearm ownership and safety.
- Successfully negotiated with international clients in building regulatory strategies and in developing and implementing their regulatory policies, including successfully obtaining FDA approval for a $2.4 Million, yearly savings in Prescription Drug User (PDFU) fees.